Lawyer Hypertext Narrative
Lawyer Hypertext Narrative
Word count: 949
Choice count: 14
Section count: 10
Image count: 10
Error count: 7
Field Related Analysis:
Education : 20 matches (CEGEP, School, choice, college, continuing, diploma, field, first, general, high school, learn, learned, reader, research, school, social, student, trainee, training, university)
Law/Paralegal-Technology : 15 matches (Cabinet, case, fine, four, General, judge, law, lawyer, lawyers, office, paralegal, reputation, section, short title, title)
Computer Science : 12 matches (choice, clear, environment, field, hypertext, open, pass, reader, Section, supervisor, True, language)
Target Structure:
internship (4 matches)
office politics (1 match)
put aside (1 match)
retirement (2 matches)
straight A's (1 match)
trainee (1 match)
Lawyer Hypertext Narrative
Highs School Decision.
It was the middle of my last year of high school and I had to make a life decision about my future: decide in what program I want to go in cegep. I always wanted to become a lawyer but suddenly I wasn't sure anymore, maybe it was the stress or maybe I had real doubts, either way I didn't know what to do, what program chose...
Choice 1 : I will go in Social Sciences at Montmorency College for a 2-year program.
Choice 2 : I will go to Ahuntsic College in a 3-year program to become a paralegal.

Montmorency College.
After a lot of time thinking, I decided to go in Social Sciences because I wanted to learn more general things in case I had a change of heart about my future job but as time flew, it had become clear that no other job interested and intrigued me more than lawyer. So after graduating from Montmorency College in Social Sciences, I decided to go to university in law to become a lawyer.
Choice 1 : I will go to McGill University in law.
Choice 2 : I will go to The University of Montreal in law.
Ahuntsic college.
After graduating from Ahuntsic College, I had to decide between working as a paralegal or continuing my studies in law in university.
Choice 1 : I will go to McGill University in law.
Choice 2 : I will go to The University of Montreal in law.
Choice 3 : I will start working as a paralegal.
McGill University.
I graduated from my three years at McGill University which was very hard because I had to accommodate with English that isn't my first language and learn a lot of new things that I didn't know about.
Choice 1 : Barreau of Quebec
University of Montreal.
I just graduated from my three years at the University of Montreal which was hard. I always was a straight A's student but unfortunately during my time in university, I sometime hit rock bottom. I never stayed there for too long, I was determinate to try my best even tho sometimes it felt impossible.
Choice 1 : Barreau of Quebec
Paralegals work.
Since day one I wanted to be a lawyer because I thought it was the only job related to the field of law but I was wrong. Being a paralegal as opened my eyes and made me realize that there is more than just a lawyer and a judge in a courtroom or in a cabinet. I truly enjoyed this work.
Choice 1 : Paralegals work.
Working as a lawyer.
After getting my diploma in the Barreau of Quebec, I started working in a cabinet. Before that, I had pass a lot of jobs interviews and I didn't know where I wanted to work. Well, that isn't completely true, I knew I didn't want to work in the cabinet where I had my internship because I didn't feel like it was the right place for me. I didn't like the work environment, the office politics. So, I had done a lot of research about this cabinet and it seems really fine. During the job training, I observed a lot just to make sure I liked the job and I did. My supervisor and coworkers were very welcoming and helped every time I needed help. Everything was not about competition for them, it was about teamwork and I liked that. At this point, I felt like I could grow in this cabinet and maybe stay here till I decide to retire at the age of sixty-five.
Choice 1 : Working as a lawyer.
Cabinet.
After a couple of years practicing in other people cabinets, I had the urge to open mine because I always told myself that one day I would be my own boss. I knew it was going to be a lot of work, but I was ready to do it. Doing it was the best choice I made because I was now my own boss. After a couple of years, my cabinet was well-known and had a good reputation. At the age of forty-five, I was a successful woman. At that age, I begin to think about my retirement. I had a pass so much time working that I knew that at the age of sixty-five I'd be done maybe even before. My salary allowed me to retire earlier if I really wanted to... During my retirement, I would take the time to travel and learn new hobbies with my husband.
Choice 1 : Cabinet.
Give this section a short title.
Write this part of the story here and present your reader with choices.
Write a choice here.
Internship.
After three difficult years in university, I finally graduated in law. Except, I had to do 8 months to École du Barreau if I wanted to be sworn in. In the first four months, I learn a lot in the books. After that, the real work begin. Everything that I learned since first day in university was tested by those four other months left in an internship. Now, I was doing the real work with real lawyers. It was fascinating and I loved that. I loved watching lawyers defend their cases, it looked like art or even poetry to me! One thing I didn't like were the place where I did my internship. It felt like coworkers at that firms even certain interns couldn't put aside there differences and everything was a competition. At that time, I knew I wouldn't want to be a trainee there.
Choice 1 : I'm a lawyer
Choice 2 : I open my own cabinet
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire